payment options

Wednesday 11 July 2012

oh, I miss you, you know


--->side note - I wrote this post almost 2 weeks ago but haven't had the chance to post it yet.

Right now I am sitting in an airport in San Francisco.  I’m about to board a 15-hour flight and no matter how often I travel, I can hardly get used to these long hours. 

I love the airport, I do, but as I continue to live the lifestyle that I do I have become increasingly more aware that with every airport also comes a goodbye. I can’t deny that I enjoy the solitude, the occasional glass of wine in the random side kiosk, and the guarantee of knowing that with every goodbye I am greeted with new and sometimes familiar "hellos.”  My lifestyle, while often may be lacking in luxury, is definitely not lacking in privilege. So as I sit here it's easy to feel excited for what’s to come.  The emotion, however, that’s currently standing on top of my excitement is the sting of saying goodbye to my loved ones. 
My time at home was filled with lazy nights with my family, good conversations with old friends, catching up with acquaintances, and playing pretend at Disneyland (I love that place.) And while all of these things were beautiful, they were rushed and compressed and flew by faster than I would have preferred. I enjoyed being home, if I can even call it that anymore, and I am extraordinarily grateful for the time I did have there. So to the many of faces I finally got to see in person and to the new friends who I met for the first time- thank you for making my trip home memorable. I might not be the biggest fan of Las Vegas, but I am the BIGGEST fan of what Las Vegas holds- and that’s each of you. Thank you for being you, for loving me, listening to me, and welcoming me back so warmly.

They say pictures speak a thousand words, and right now I couldn’t agree more. So here’s a quick snapshot of what the weeks looked like for me. 

my family, and mickey mouse.

cousins, loves. 

sisters
friends
friends, more than friends... family. 

there's a lot to love in this picture
I forced my family to eat Indian food with me... with their hands. 

I miss you already, so much.  And I wish there was a profound way of ending this making it positive, but the truth is that it just hurts me a bit to leave…. and I think that’s okay.

Prayer requests:
-I am still currently short about $650 a month to be able to meet my financial needs as a missionary.
-Adjustment. No longer am I student, I’m a staff- a leader, a teacher and that will take some adjusting to. Can you pray for me to have wisdom in this transitioning time?
- And last, but not least please pray for me to be settled and readjusted back into Western culture. I'm still working on that. 

If you have prayer request please write me and let me know. I pray for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment