payment options

Saturday 7 April 2012

enjoying a day in the operating room

Ingjerd and I
 Our last day posted in the I.C.U and I knew I wanted to go straight to the theater to see some surgeries. I love surgery. I didn't even mind if I didn't get to see an obstetric one, I just wanted another chance to see some cutting. Is that gruesome? It worked out well for me because there were several cesarean sections scheduled. The first one happened to be twins. Ingjerd and I changed into some sterile uniforms and got prepared to watch an interesting procedure.
"Lola,"  they said to me, "you take second baby."

So I did. I received twin B from the womb. Who gave an immediate cry and was doing great. Twin A was flat and unresponsive so together me and the anesthesiologist (not sure why he was involved, but it was good) resuscitated the baby. We prayed for his little life, which appeared to be hopeless but after some time that sweet baby boy opened his eyes and let out a good cry, showing us his lungs were working! He was going to be okay.
Hallelujah.

The Twins!









Our "sterile" shoes were a bit big for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment