payment options

Monday 19 August 2013

the birth attendants


Hey! Notice some exciting changes to my blog.
On the right side there’s a white box that allows you to enter in your email and have my newest posts sent directly to your inbox!
Also, there’s a new donation option through paypal. You can now monthly "subscribe" (this means make monthly financial support to me) by clicking on the link and entering in your debit/credit information. You can also still use the “donate” button to just make a one time donation. Paypal wont charge you anything additional for using its services.

And while we’re on the topic, other ways of donating is through the organization I work with Youth With A Mission Perth. Here’s the link;
On “step 1” it asks you to identify who the donation is for. Here you would just click on staff and enter my name

Sumithra learning how to use a stethoscope
And if you aren’t internet savy, but you know my parents you can always write a check, make it out to my name and hand it to my mom. She would be happy to put it in my bank account for me. (thanks mom!)


 














We are still in the lecture phase over here in Australia. This means that the students are in class 5 days a week learning how to be midwives in developing nations. More specifically they are learning how to be midwives who serve God first and how to use this skill in missions as a form of evangelism. Its really incredible to see people learning simple skill that will literally save lives. And even more than that, its so exciting to see these women getting Gods heart for the nations, His heart for motherhood and how He intended pregnant women to be treated, His heart for women and children, for the restoration of families, His heart for justice. They are learning how to pray, how to intercede, how to cultivate hope and faith in places where there seems to be none. With each lecture we have, every quiz that’s given, every workshop we practice in- God is preparing them and releasing them more and more into their calling. It’s a privilege to be apart of that. These are some incredible students. I am honored to work alongside and help lead these women as they prepare to go. They have left their homes, their countries, their families, their jobs and any security they have had to say yes to God and yes to responding to the desperate need of missionaries and healthcare workers for women, children, and families around the world.

An Aussie midwife teaching the students how to palpate a pregnant belly

Each of the students are trusting God for around $8,500 dollars in order to spend 8 months on the mission field. I am trusting for $5,500 in order to take them. (I’m going for a shorter time than them)  

If you would be interested in helping us get there you can use any of the payment options listed above. I have 5 weeks to see this money come in. If you know any businesses, organizations, or fundraisers that could help us get to Zambia, Ethiopia, and India please let me know. I need your help!

Bless you!


I am posting a link to a video that a previous Birth Attendant student made. It gives a bit more of a picture of some of the work that we will be doing. Feel free to share it!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK1pmSWZ2RU


 

No comments:

Post a Comment