payment options

Sunday 18 November 2012

mosquito bite, take two.


For those of you who may have heard, I was indeed bit once again. Pesky mosquitoes. There’s an outbreak of dengue fever in India right now and I guess my body just couldn’t stand missing out on any kind of outbreak. I like to pretend that I attract all the bugs cause I'm so sweet.  

I’m not thrilled to have had two serious mosquito sicknesses in under 6 months. I’m not sure the long-term implication that can have on my body. But I am sure that God has called me here to work in India. So with rain or sunshine, that’s exactly what I am going to do. I am healing up quite nicely. Seeing some lingering symptoms but experiencing the grace of God in my life, once again. I know it can seem risky to get all these sicknesses. And like I said, I am not thrilled with the idea of it. But this is the reality of what’s happening around the world. People are getting dengue fever in India. And some are dying as a result of it. And I am here. I am apart of this culture and sometimes that means being apart of the sicknesses that are spreading here. I have access to great healthcare and I live with a team who takes great care of me. I will be fine.

Thanks for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment